Sunday, October 18, 2009

Microsoft X Box 360 controller for PC


The X Box 360 controller form Microsoft has a bi advantage over any other controller, may it be play station 3 controllers or any other one – and that is the fact that you can connect it to your computer also and play with it. The functionality remains almost same.

When I first got it, I was a bit worried as the shop keeper told me that it will work on computer. I mean how can a controller for a console work on a computer – that’s what I thought. But I took it under one condition from him that if it does not work then I will get it replaced and he agreed. Any ways, the installation of the controller is a child play. It’s a USB device so you just plug it in and let it automatically search for the drivers. Most of the time, it will detect it automatically and that way, you can see the controller on your control panel. Also, when done, the controller’s X Box logo at the center starts to glow to indicate that it is working. That’s about how you can install it. If you get any problem, then you can do a Google on “X Box 360 controller for PC” and you will get ample of information on it.

Now let’s talk about the controller. The first of the controller makes you feel special. The white colored controller looks very sturdy and has a good grip even if you sweat a lot. The buttons are very soft touch and sensitive which is something I will definitely expect from a controller which is also meant to run on consoles. The feed back which I got from it (although I am still looking for games with feedback as there are very ones.) is quite nice. I was playing Devil May Cry 4 and really enjoyed it on the controller. On keyboard controls it would have been very difficult to play.

The cable is quite long and that’s something which allows me to play the games form a nice and safe distance without stressing my eyes too much. The weight of the things just enough to make you feel that you are holding something. Also I must say that the built quality is very nice because I dropped it twice by mistake from a nice height – but nothing happened.

All in all I must say that for gamers it is a must buy. Third person shooters will give you real enjoyment with this. I will give it 8 out of 10. the only part where it may lack is the fact that the color is white and they could have also provided rubber grip at the holding places for better grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment